Monday, October 11, 2010

Eminem: If I Was Black, I Wouldn't Be Called Misogynist, Homophobic

No one told Eminem that this is what the left call "social justice".


Grammy-winning rapper Eminem opened up about feeling singled out as an outspoken white emcee during his early upbringing in the hip-hop in his "60 Minutes" special.
In his televised feature, Em explained his discomfort for being targeted over controversial lyrics.
Em also said he believes race may have been an issue in terms of thecriticism he has endured for his lyrics. Explaining that anti-gay slurs were cavalierly dropped in the hip-hop scene he came up in and citing the frequent use of offensive language by many other high-profile spitters, he said he felt targeted because he is white. "I felt like I was being attacked. I was being singled out and I felt like, 'Is it because the color of my skin? Is it because of that you're paying more attention?' " he said. "Because there's certain rappers that do and say the same things and I'm saying and I don't hear anyone saying [anything] about that." (MTV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean and nice. Thank you for taking the time to post you thought. It means a lot to me that you do this.